Below is a full rundown of our beliefs.
We are the voice of the public relations profession, a champion of its interests and a respected partner to the broader communications community.
Our world-class foundations aid people's understanding of the public relations profession. We provide CIPR members with education, up-to-the-minute research and a code of conduct to enhance their professionalism.
To be at the heart of a professional and diverse public relations profession that organisations, government and the public understand and value. A profession that:
- recognises best practice, ethical standards, research, practitioner and academic leadership
- is as welcome and valued at the boardroom table as it is in other areas of an organisation
- makes an important contribution to society through effective communication and trust
- is dynamic and collaborative, reflecting technological change and the converging of communication channels.
- Honesty – we will be honest and transparent in everything we do.
- Integrity – we will make the right decisions for our members and the profession, unencumbered by politics or short-term gain.
- Diversity – we will reflect the diversity of our membership and the broader public relations community in our activities and dialogue.
- Respect – for opinion, expression, experience and contribution. We value all colleagues, members, partners and practitioners as equals.
- Professionalism – we will operate with integrity and respect. We will deliver the highest professional and ethical standards. We will not bring the profession into disrepute.
- Sustainability – we will carry out our activities in a sustainable way and encourage our members and partners to do the same.
- Collaboration – we are part of a global community and will bring together talent to generate new ideas, opportunities and to tackle challenges.