Membership is open to anyone working, studying or just interested in public relations. There are a number of membership grades reflecting different levels of PR experience and qualifications. Before you apply to join or upgrade, take a look at the detailed entry criteria for each grade. In brief:
Working in PR and/or have a PR qualification?
- Associate (ACIPR): up to two years of PR experience or the CIPR Advanced Certificate
- Member (MCIPR): two years or more of PR experience or the CIPR Diploma
- Fellow (FCIPR): by nomination only
Based outside the UK?
- Global Affliate: an online-only, non professional membership grade. It doesn't include a membership certificate or designatory letters or logos but does include our online resources and free membership of the CIPR International group
- Or you can apply for Associate, Member or Fellow grade if you meet the criteria.
Not working in PR but interested in the profession?
- Affiliate grade will keep you informed and up to date on the latest developments in the profession.
- If you are studying on a UK undergraduate or postgraduate degree course you can apply for Student membership.
What will I get with my membership?
CIPR membership offers a comprehensive package of professional and business benefits and services. Access to some of these depends on your grade.
|Fellow / Member||Associate||Affiliate||Global Affiliate||Student|
|Code of Conduct||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to online resources||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Member meeting rooms||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Five CIPR groups||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Designatory letters / logos||✔||✔|
|Voting in CIPR elections||✔|
|Board / Council / Committees||✔|
What counts as public relations / communications experience?
Check our list of communications disciplines that count towards Associate and Member grade.
If you are currently working in PR and have more than two years' experience in one of the related disciplines such as journalism or marketing, you can fast track to Member (MCIPR) grade via the career conversion route: join as an Associate (ACIPR) and upgrade to Member (MCIPR) on completion of the CIPR Foundation Award, which will help you to make the transition into your new career.