The CIPR has gathered together some of the UK's foremost social media thinkers and contributors to provide input into the Institute's policy guidance, education and training. Led by CIPR board member Rob Brown, the panel will look at issues such as online reputation developments, convergence in marketing communications and best practice social media measurement.
CIPR President Jay O'Connor said:
A core theme in our three-year strategic plan is social media and the impact on the public relations profession. Rob joined the CIPR board to lead our efforts in this area, feeding into our policy, research and training. As part of this, Rob has set up the Social Media Panel - a group of some of the UK's foremost social media contributors, who will debate and input, ensuring our guidance reflects the very best thinking and practice.
Things are moving quickly. Reaching out to practitioners who can offer their insight so that we can guide our members and the profession appropriately is key.
The panel is a diverse group comprising some of the best thinkers and practitioners, including:
- Daljit Bhurji ACIPR – Managing Director, Diffusion (@Daljit_Bhurji)
- Mark Borkowski - Managing Director, Borkowski (@MarkBorkowski)
- Rob Brown FCIPR – Managing Director, Staniforth (@robbrown)
- Stuart Bruce MCIPR – Managing Director, Wolfstar (@stuartbruce)
- Dominic Burch - Head of Corporate Communications, ASDA (@dom_asdaPR)
- Simon Collister - Head of Non-Profit and Public Sector, We Are Social (@simoncollister)
- Russell Goldsmith – Digital Media Director, markettiers4dc (@russgoldsmith)
- Gemma Griffiths – Managing Director, the crowd and i (@GemGriff)
- Katy Howell – Managing Director, Immediate Future (@katyhowell)
- Marshall Manson - Director of Digital Strategy, Edelman (@marshallmanson)
- Beccy McMichael – Head of Corporate & Technology, Ruder Finn (@bmcmichael)
- Danny Rogers – Editor, PR Week (@dannyrogers2001)
- Julio Romo MCIPR – PR and Communications Consultant, twofourseven (@twofourseven)
- Philip Sheldrake – Partner, Influence Crowd LLP (@sheldrake)
- Stephen Waddington MCIPR – Managing Director, Speed Communications (@wadds)
- Robin Wilson – Director Digital PR & Social Media, McCann Erickson (@robin1966)