If you need to study at a time and place that suits you, our Diploma can be studied online with PR Academy. The syllabus, assessments and resulting qualification are just the same as studying the face-to-face course.
Our Online Diploma combines an interactive e-learning programme with tutor support and two (non-compulsory) full days of lectures and workshops in Central London.
Is online study right for me?
You should seriously consider this mode of study if you:
- want to network, study and interact with others but need the flexibility to partake remotely, at a place convenient to you
- have work or personal commitments that prevent you from attending weekly lectures
- are not based near any of the centres that offer the Diploma.
How will I learn?
The Online Diploma uses a range of learning methods, including:
- online resources and course notes
- live webinars (also recorded for playback later)
- discussion groups
- optional workshop sessions at a central London venue
- guidance on reading
View PR Academy's taster webinar to see how it works.
The Autumn 2014 Online Diploma begins on Friday 10 October 2014. Places are offered on a 'first come - first served' basis and early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
The following supplementary workshops which will take place in London are recommended but are not compulsory:
- Friday 7 November 2014
- Saturday 24 January 2015
The total course fee (excluding CIPR Membership) is £3,110. This is split as follows:
- CIPR Awarding Body fee:–
£950 (VAT exempt) payable to the CIPR
Payment by instalments is available for self-funding students.
Please email us for further details.
- Tuition fee:–
£1,800 + VAT (£2,160) paid directly to PR Academy. Tuition fees include the e-book: Exploring Public Relations, edited by Tench & Yeomans*, plus online books and access to a dedicated learning portal with useful links and resources. (*books are subject to change).
- Note: Payment by instalments is available for self-funding students. Please email email@example.com for further details. (An administrative fee payable to PR Academy will apply).
- Studied with PR Academy before? You will benefit from a 10% discount on the tuition fees.
The above course fees cover a vast range of material, resources and services that are designed to aid and complement your online learning.
Important membership information
In addition to the course fees specified, CIPR membership is a course requirement. If you are not currently a member you can join at a special reduced rate of £145 which will last until 31 December 2015. The membership application is included in the online course application.
The CIPR regrets it cannot accept payment of the Awarding Body or Membership fees by BACS.
What do I need to get started?
- a computer with internet access, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- ability to access VitalSource and Adobe Connect (You do not need to subscribe to Adobe Connect)
- a headset for your PC so that you can partake in live webinars
- a valid email account
- 10 study hours available each week for the duration of the course.
How do I find out more?
If you want to know more about the Online Diploma, take a look at our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, please email the CIPR professional development team or telephone 020 7631 6900.