CIPR trainer: Julio Romo.
This workshop will provide practical insight into how journalists and news outlets use social media for their work and how public relations and communications professionals can engage with them on these platforms.
Note: Delegates are required to bring laptops with them on the day.
Who should attend?
Suitable for practitioners already familiar with social media platforms who would like to set up their communications team so that they can better engage with journalists and the audiences they interact with.
What to expect
- practical exercises
- group discussions
- insight from a trainer who is a freelance journalist and blogger.
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the wherewithal to:
- learn how newsrooms use social media in their journalism
- understand best practice for online newsrooms
- understand the changing media landscape
- know how news outlets are adapting how they research, report and promote news and content
- understand how journalists use social media and networking
- learn how your communications can be developed so that they are social media friendly.