This workshop will increase your knowledge about how the media operates so that you can develop an effective media strategy for your organisation, whether you are working in the public, private or not-for-profit sector.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who has responsibility for the management and/or delivery of media relations in your organisation.
What to expect
- practical exercises and tips on how to approach media relations
- latest thinking about the future of media
- press conference role-play.
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
- consider media broadly as a key communications channel
- develop a media relations strategy
- work effectively with press, broadcast and online media
- set up a press office
- respond to media enquiries effectively
- advise clients and colleagues about media issues with confidence
- understand how the media works as a communications channel
- understand how to work with news journalists, feature writers, bloggers, producers, researchers and presenters.