CIPR trainer: Lorraine Forrest Turner.
This practical workshop shows you how to produce interesting, engaging publications that people want to read.
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who has limited experience in producing printed or online corporate publications. It is particularly suitable for those responsible for finding, writing or editing articles.
What to expect
- a practical workshop that shows you how to produce interesting, engaging publications that people want to read
- an opportunity to bring an example of your writing for the trainer to review
- a highly participative workshop with individual feedback, limited to eight delegates.
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
- recognise what makes a successful corporate publication
- find good stories, select the right content and make 'dull' stories interesting and engaging
- produce useful briefs and work effectively with contributors
- edit other people's badly written or inappropriate copy
- create a production schedule and stick to deadlines
- integrate company messages into the publication while keeping stories interesting for the reader
- adapt writing styles to suit subject, message and readership
- make pictures, layout and design work to your advantage.