Sustainability is important. It looks to preserve our economy, our ecological health, whilst not impacting on the ability of future generations. What if you applied the same principles to a business? Whether to refocus on core activities or transform, there is an unrelenting need to drive change by aligning the organisation around sustainable strategies.
This highly interactive programme will give participants the opportunity to reflect on their strategic capability and how to sustain and futureproof their business.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at existing directors and planning teams who want to enhance their strategic planning activities.
What to expect
A case study approach is used throughout including some group discussions and quizzes.
There will be ample opportunity for you to contribute to discussions with your peers and draw on the experiences of your course leader.
- Course leader and delegates
- What is of particular interest to you and why?
- Corporate, business and operations strategy
- What is strategy? Producing goal-oriented results
- Applying the three layers of strategy to create shared value
- Range of approaches to formulation of customer-focused strategies
- Commonly used models, tools, and practices to formulate, evaluate and improve strategies
- Creating and maintaining competitive advantage during a highly uncertain environment
- Translating strategic imperatives into operational plans
- “Wheel of Change”, planning for possibilities and contingencies
- Committing resources to pursue growth successfully
- Tackling systemic changes (digital transformations and pandemics)
- Overcoming strategic bottlenecks, staying on track
- Emergent strategies (adjusting to survive, capitalise on new environments)
- Knowing the common obstacles and how to tackle them
- Understanding key differences between a good and bad strategy
- Decision making
- Maintaining focus on value propositions, monitoring impact of decisions taken
- Scenario analyses to develop smart strategic options and decision choices
- Mitigation of risks that could derail strategy
- Tackling disruptions and uncertainties (setting risk appetite, risk tolerances and risk responses)
- Developing and embedding risk policy, sustaining risk management framework
- Meeting stakeholder’s expectations, framing environmental, social and governance metrics
Participation on this course will enable you to:
- Widen your perspective to cover business, social and the economic landscape
- Apply strategic models during complex business environments
- Select the best strategic options
- Introduce financial rigour in decision choices
- Deliver more integrated planning with organisational buy-in