CIPR Scotland: Annual General Meeting Notice
The Annual General Meeting of the Scotland group of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations will be held on Thursday, 30 March 2017, at 6pm. It will take place at The Dome, 14 George Street, Edinburgh. All members are invited to attend and should RSVP by booking a ticket here.
Following the AGM formalities, guest speaker, Biança Barker from Steadipix Productions, will talk about VR (virtual reality) – the communications buzzword of 2017. She'll discuss how VR differs from AR (augmented reality) and MR (mixed reality) in a beginner's guide to the most immersive communications tools on the market. Members will also be given an opportunity to try out some of the latest equipment.
The meeting will consider the following agenda to:
- Receive apologies for absence
- Approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 30 March 2016
- Consider and adopt the annual accounts of the group for the year ending 2017
- Receive the annual report from the Chair of CIPR Scotland Group (Jenifer Stirton FCIPR) followed by questions
- Elect Office Bearers
- Elect new Committee Members
- Receive priorities for 2017/18 from the newly elected Chair
- Consider any other business
Applications are invited for the positions of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary before noon on Monday, 20 March 2017. Applications are also invited for Committee Members. Nomination forms are available here.
Doors open at 5:30pm and the meeting will start promptly at 6pm. Following the AGM drinks and refreshments will be served.
Any apologies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By order of the CIPR Scotland committee.
Shaun Bell MCIPR, CIPR Accredited PR Practitioner
Secretary of the CIPR Scotland committee
22 February 2017