PLEASE NOTE: You can attend this one-day workshop if you have media experience. If you are new to the media please consider attending Effective media relations first, this runs a day earlier. We offer the two days at a package price. Delegates may wish to bring a laptop or a Wi-Fi ready tablet
This course will provide practical insight into how journalists and news outlets use social media for their work and how public relations and communications professionals can engage with them on these platforms.
Who should attend?
Suitable for practitioners already familiar with social media platforms who would like to set up their communications team so that they can better engage with journalists and the audiences they interact with.
What to expect
- practical exercises
- group discussions
- insight from a trainer who is a freelance journalist and blogger.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- learn how newsrooms use social media in their journalism
- understand best practice for online newsrooms
- understand the changing media landscape
- know how news outlets are adapting how they research, report and promote news and content
- understand how journalists use social media and networking
- learn how your communications can be developed so that they are social media friendly.
Member: £504 inc VAT
Non-member: £684 inc VAT