Member: £440 exc VAT | Non-member: £620 exc VAT
This interactive two-day course will give you a solid grounding in practical Public Relations. You'll learn about what PR is, what it involves, and the value it brings. Our trainers will introduce and explain a range of different communication tools and techniques, and you'll take part in practical exercises to help you build the writing, planning and relationship building skills needed to thrive in early and mid-level PR roles.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to PR, whether in-house or consultancy, or from a marketing or administrative background. It is also suitable for anyone who has been working in PR for a short time, who has had no formal training, and wants to establish key principles and techniques.
What to expect?
- introduction to basic principles and concepts of PR
- group work and debates about what works in your organisation/industry
- hands-on practical activities and analysis of examples from practice.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- define Public Relations and explain its value
- explain the different disciplines and types of PR
- describe different stakeholder groups and explain how to reach them
- explain how to create a basic PR plan, including measurement and evaluation
- explain the role of professionalism and ethics in PR
- explain effective media relations, how to successfully build relationships with journalists and how to write for the media
- explain how to use social media for different audiences and how to write for social media.