This course will encourage participants to take a high level approach to PR by developing strategic thinking as a routine habit. As a result clients and colleagues will recognise that their PR consultants appreciate the ‘bigger picture’ and become even more valued as advisors.
Who should attend?
Those who are taking responsibility for PR leadership in an organisation and who are advising senior clients and colleagues on strategic direction for PR and communication.
What to expect
- essential models and theories about strategic thinking
- a discussion about personal approaches that help or hinder strategic thinking
- practical tools and templates to enhance strategic thinking
- troubleshooting advice
- an interactive, discussion and workshop-based day
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- think more strategically every day
- examine the purpose and function of PR and communication in an organisation
- give advice to senior clients and colleagues, informed by strategic thinking
- recognise when you are thinking tactically, as opposed to strategically, and reset your thinking style