- review the application criteria and read the guidance for candidates
- use the assessment criteria to prepare your two year CPD Plan
- read the example assessment to get an idea of what type of questions the discussions may be based on. NB: assessment questions are a launch pad for a more general discussion.
Once you have completed this preparation, register for one of the Chartership Assessment Days listed below. If you are unable to make any of these dates, please complete the expression of interest form if you'd like to be informed of future dates. Registering for an Assessment Day costs £400 + VAT.
Once you have registered, you will be sent assessment questions and case studies, articles or other sources, around two weeks before the Assessment Day. They will form the initial basis of the group discussions which are the core part of the assessment process.
In preparation for an Assessment Day, we hold 'How to #GetChartered' information sessions across the UK. These sessions are led by members who have gone through the process themselves, describing their experience of becoming a Chartered PR Practitioner. They will offer advice on how to prepare for the day and ensure that your application is a success. Please see below for available sessions.
How to #GetChartered Information Sessions
- Wednesday 26 July 2017, London BOOK HERE
Further session dates to be announced in due course
Chartership Assessment Days
- Monday 18 September 2017, London BOOK HERE
- Friday 13 October 2017, Birmingham BOOK HERE
- Monday 20 November 2017, London BOOK HERE
What to expect on a Chartership Assessment Day
Details of the Assessment Day are contained in the Guidance for candidates applying for Chartership. On the morning of the Assessment Day candidates are divided into groups and over the course of the day each group will have three extended discussions which are based on, but not confined to, the materials we send you after you register. The discussions are led and monitored by an assessor, and they focus on three main areas - strategy, leadership and ethics. After these three extended discussions, the final session is a review of 2-year CPD plans.