- review the application criteria and read the guidance for candidates
- use the assessment criteria to prepare your two year CPD Plan
- read the example assessment to get an idea of what type of questions the discussions may be based on. NB: assessment questions are a launch pad for a more general discussion.
Once you have completed this preparation, register for one of the Chartership Assessment Days listed below. If you are unable to make any of these dates, please complete the expression of interest form if you'd like to be informed of future dates. Registering for an Assessment Day costs £400 + VAT**.
Once you have registered, you will be sent assessment questions and case studies, articles or other sources, around two weeks before the Assessment Day. They will form the initial basis of the group discussions which are the core part of the assessment process.
In preparation for an Assessment Day, we hold 'How to #GetChartered' information sessions across the UK. These sessions are led by members who have gone through the process themselves, describing their experience of becoming a Chartered PR Practitioner. They will offer advice on how to prepare for the day and ensure that your application is a success. Please see below for available sessions.
**CIPR Members putting themselves forward for Chartership Assessment Days can claim the assessment fee as a tax-deductible expense. (Please see here )
The treatment of VAT is summarised here:-
- Those who are VAT registered. The amount before VAT is offset against profits & the VAT is recovered in the periodic VAT return.
- Those CIPR Members who are Non-VAT registered. The total amount including VAT is deducted against profits & there is no VAT recovery.
NB. The above is generic advice. CIPR Members should contact their accountant if you are looking for more personalised advice.
How to #GetChartered Information Sessions
- Wednesday 26 July 2017, London WATCH RECORDING HERE
Further session dates to be announced in due course
Chartership Assessment Days
- Friday 27 April 2018, Edinburgh BOOKING CLOSED
- Friday 22 June 2018, London BOOK HERE
- Monday 10 September 2018, London BOOK HERE
- Friday 12 October 2018, Birmingham BOOK HERE
- Friday 23 November 2018, London BOOK HERE
What to expect on a Chartership Assessment Day
Details of the Assessment Day are contained in the Guidance for candidates applying for Chartership. On the morning of the Assessment Day candidates are divided into groups and over the course of the day each group will have three extended discussions which are based on, but not confined to, the materials we send you after you register. The discussions are led and monitored by an assessor, and they focus on three main areas - strategy, leadership and ethics. After these three extended discussions, the final session is a review of 2-year CPD plans.