You need to log 60 points by 28 February each year. CPD tip: keep an eye on your CPD Dashboard – this will tell you how many points you need to log in each stream and track your progress to date.
There are two streams in CIPR CPD:
- Stream 1: Developing yourself
- Stream 2: Supporting others
All activities (including CIPR Ethics) are linked to Stream 1 or 2.
Points and streams
- Starting out
You must log 40 points in Stream 1 (at least 5 of these must be in the CIPR Ethics). The remaining points can be logged in either or both streams.
- Accredited Practitioner
You must log 20 points in Stream 1 (at least 5 of these must be in CIPR Ethics). The remaining points can be logged in either or both streams.
- Chartered Practitioner
You must log at least 5 points in CIPR Ethics. The remaining points can be logged in either or both streams.
What's it worth?
As a broad rule of thumb you'll get 10 points for each day of development activity you do, while shorter activities (half a day or less) are worth 5 points. For more details, take a look at our CPD points and evidence table (PDF format, opens in a new window). Of course, all the activities have to be relevant to your professional development.
CPD tip: You can log a maximum of 20 points each for Reading Short Publications and Networking (each short publication or networking event is worth 5 points).
- Studying for a qualification (for each year of study)
- Spending at least 14 hours on a significant and relevant research or learning project
- Sitting on a CIPR or other relevant committee with at least 14 hours of contribution
- Spending at least 14 hours using your PR or business skills in a voluntary role
- Taking part in a mentoring programme with at least 14 hours of participation
- Reading a relevant book
- Attending a 1-day training session or conference
- Attending a networking session (up to a maximum of 20 points)
- Taking part in a coaching or mentoring session
- Reading a short publication (up to a maximum of 20 points)
- Completing a webinar or e-learning session