Whatever stage you are at in your career, membership will provide the opportunities and inspiration you need to keep climbing the ladder. When you join us, you gain access to a professional development pathway. From expanding your knowledge and skills to landing your dream job, achieving chartered status and entering the boardroom, we'll support you every step of the way.
PDF Application forms (if you don't wish to join online)
- Affiliate, Associate (ACIPR) or Member (MCIPR)
- Global Affiliate
- Student membership (fee £35).
- Fellow (FCIPR) is by nomination only
We have 6 member grades - check the detailed entry criteria.
Working in PR and/or have a PR qualification?
- Fellow (FCIPR): open to existing MCIPRs by nomination
- Member (MCIPR): 2 years or more of PR experience or the CIPR Diploma
- Associate (ACIPR): up to 2 years of PR experience or the CIPR Advanced Certificate
Based outside the UK?
- Global Affiliate: an online-only, non-professional membership grade. No membership certificate or designatory letters or logos but does include our online resources and free membership of the CIPR International group.
- Or you can apply for Associate or Member grade if you meet the criteria.
Not working in PR but interested in the profession?
- Affiliate grade will keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest developments in the profession.
- Student membership at £35 is open to anyone studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate course lasting at least 12 months
- Free student membership for those on CIPR recognised courses is now closed
CIPR membership offers a comprehensive package of professional and business benefits and services. Access to some of these depends on your grade.
|Fellow / Member||Associate||Affiliate||Global Affiliate||Student|
|Code of Conduct||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to online resources||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Five CIPR groups||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Designatory letters / logos||✔||✔|
|Voting in CIPR elections||✔|
|Board / Council / Committees||✔|
* Influence has now won seven accolades since its inception in 2016. Most recently the Gold Award for best membership publication at the International Content Marketing Association (CMA) Awards.
Access to some CIPR benefits may depend on your grade.
Raise your profile
- Prove your accountability through our Code of Conduct
- Use designatory letters and membership logos (profesional grades only)
- Receive a listing in our PR Register and Member Directory
Develop your knowledge and skills
- Plan and record your learning with CIPR CPD
- Access more than 100 practical guides and webinars covering core PR skills and future-facing topics
- Stay on the cutting edge of PR industry and trends with our industry acclaimed Influence magazine
- Demonstrate your capabilities and commitment to professionalism with CIPR Accreditation
- Become an Accredited PR Practitioner after two years' CPD
- Achieve Chartered PR Practitioner status
Expand your networks
- Join up to five CIPR groups at no extra cost
- Connect with members locally through your nearest regional or national group
- Get involved with any of our 12 sector groups
- £150 or more on all CIPR training courses
- 10% off professional indemnity insurance
- Discounts and offers on business services through CIPR Plus
Your membership fees are paid annually and the fee varies by grade. There's a one-off admission fee of £55 too.
|UK||UK (Direct Debit)||Overseas|
|Member or Fellow||£235||£215||£215|
Claim tax relief
If you pay for your own membership and are a UK tax payer, you can save from 20% (basic rate tax) to 40% or more with tax relief. If your employer is paying, membership fees are a tax-deductible business expense too.
iprovision voluntary contributions
iprovision is the CIPR's benevolent fund, meeting the needs of members who are seriously ill, experiencing hardship or without work. Members are asked each year if they would like to pay an additional discretionary payment of £10 towards the Institute's benevolent fund. Members receiving support from iprovision, the CIPR's benevolent fund, are exempt from the membership fee. To talk confidentially with someone from iprovision, email email@example.com.
If at least three people from the same organisation join at the same time we will waive the £55 joining fee, saving at least £165. Send the applications in together and make sure each is clearly marked with the code 'CIPR3'. Membership is still awarded on a individual basis. This offer applies to new members only.
And if you're joining or renewing at least 10 individuals from the same organisation, take a look at Corporate Affiliate.
- Visa/Mastercard - pay by card online or call us on 00 44 (0)20 7631 6900
- Direct Debit - complete the direct debit instuction in the PDF application form.
- BACS - use your invoice number as your transaction reference so we know it's your payment
You can pay your £55 admission fee by card or BACS, but not by Direct Debit.
Do you lobby?
If you are involved in lobbying, it is a condition of CIPR membership that you sign up to the UK Lobbying Register (UKLR). There is no addItional charge for this registration.
Check our list of communications disciplines that count towards Associate and Member grade.
If you are currently working in PR and have more than 2 years' experience in a related discipline such as journalism or marketing, you can fast track to Member (MCIPR) grade via the career conversion route: join as an Associate (ACIPR) and upgrade to Member (MCIPR) on completion of the CIPR Foundation Award, which will help you make the transition into your new career.
- Membership will be activated once the joining fee (if applicable) and the first membership subscription fee is paid, and when the code of conduct is signed.
- Membership fees (both the joining fee and the annual subscription fee) are non-refundable.
- All members of the CIPR are bound by the Code of Conduct.