We have 6 member grades reflecting different levels of PR experience and qualifications. Before you apply, take a look at the detailed entry criteria for each grade. In brief:
Working in PR and/or have a PR qualification?
- Associate (ACIPR): up to 2 years of PR experience or the CIPR Advanced Certificate
- Member (MCIPR): 2 years or more of PR experience or the CIPR Diploma
- Fellow (FCIPR): open to existing MCIPRs by nomination
Based outside the UK?
- Global Affiliate: an online-only, non-professional membership grade. No membership certificate or designatory letters or logos but does include our online resources and free membership of the CIPR International group.
- Or you can apply for Associate or Member grade if you meet the criteria.
Not working in PR but interested in the profession?
- Affiliate grade will keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest developments in the profession.
- Student membership at £35 per annum (for membership to 30 September 2017) is open to anyone studying on a UK undergraduate or postgraduate course lasting at least 12 months
- The free student membership for those on CIPR recognised courses is now closed
What will I get with my membership?
CIPR membership offers a comprehensive package of professional and business benefits and services. Access to some of these depends on your grade.
|Fellow / Member||Associate||Affiliate||Global Affiliate||Student|
|Code of Conduct||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to online resources||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Member meeting rooms||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Five CIPR groups||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Designatory letters / logos||✔||✔|
|Voting in CIPR elections||✔|
|Board / Council / Committees||✔|
What counts as public relations / communications experience?
Check our list of communications disciplines that count towards Associate and Member grade.
If you are currently working in PR and have more than 2 years' experience in a related discipline such as journalism or marketing, you can fast track to Member (MCIPR) grade via the career conversion route: join as an Associate (ACIPR) and upgrade to Member (MCIPR) on completion of the CIPR Foundation Award, which will help you make the transition into your new career.