The CIPR's Local Public Services group represents communications professionals in all local public services, including local government, health, housing, education, and emergency services.
Visit our blog at http://localpublicservicecomms.org
Our next event will be a CPD webinar held on 23 January 2017, 6.30pm with the CIPR Wessex and CMI Southern. Managing communications in the digital age with the self-service citizen. To book, visit the CMI site.
- Research into local public service communications - CPD points
- Annual conference and awards
- Contact us
We represent communicators working in or supporting local public services, from councils and health authorities to regional police and ambulance authorities. We are a voice for you at a national level and within the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. If you have issues, concerns or just want to shout about your work, we are there to help you.
Our main aims are to:
- promote good practice and encourage professional development and standards
- support local public services to continue to deliver great communications during a period of significant cuts in the public and not-for-profit sectors
- promote the benefits of partnership working
- promote the role of council and other public services communications as effective tools to engage with residents and other stakeholders.
The group conducted an extensive research project into local public service communications in 2015 resulting in a report 'Influence for Impact'. A programme of CPD events, working with other parts of the CIPR, are planned for 2016. We want to involve you in the development of these events. For more information, email LPS@cipr.co.uk.
Get in touch
For authorative comment on local public service communications issues, contact the CIPR Local Public Services Group.
Get in touch with Group Chair, Claire Melia-Tompkins and the group at LPS@cipr.co.uk