Below we set out our purpose, beliefs and values as an organisation.
The CIPR is the voice of the public relations profession, a champion of its interests and a respected partner to the broader communications community.
Our world-class foundations aid people's understanding of the public relations profession. We provide CIPR members with education, up-to-the-minute research and a code of conduct to enhance their professionalism.
To be at the heart of a professional and diverse public relations profession that organisations, government and the public understand and value. A profession that:
- recognises best practice, ethical standards, research, practitioner and academic leadership
- is as welcome and valued at the boardroom table as it is in other areas of an organisation
- makes an important contribution to society through effective communication and trust
- is dynamic and collaborative, reflecting technological change and the converging of communication channels.
These are our values:
- Honesty – Honesty and transparency in everything we do.
- Integrity – Making the right decisions for our members and the profession, unencumbered by politics or short-term gain.
- Diversity – Reflecting the diversity of our membership and the broader public relations community in our activities and dialogue.
- Respect – Listening to others' opinions, expressions, experience and contribution. Counting all colleagues, members, partners and practitioners as equals.
- Professionalism – Operating with integrity and respect. Delivering the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Sustainability – Carrying out our activities in a sustainable way and encouraging our members and partners to do the same.
- Collaboration – As part of a global community, bringing together talent to generate new ideas, opportunities and to tackle challenges.