As an authoritative voice on the business and practice of public relations, the CIPR is dedicated to raising standards in public relations.
Our best practice guides and toolkits, skills guides and collection of award-winning case studies are designed to public relations professionals in their continuing professional development (CIPR CPD). This complements our formal professional development offering of workshops, webinars (free to members) and qualifications.
Alongside the above, we regularly conduct research on issues impacting members and the wider profession, including our annual 'State of the Profession' survey - the most comprehensive analysis of public relations practitoners in the UK.
Our policy and campaigns agenda also guides many of our initiatives, and includes the work of the CIPR Social Media Panel and Diversity Working Group.
Latest updates of our resources
- State of the Profession 2019: annual benchmarking study on the trends, issues, opportunities and challenges facing the business of public relations as revealed by research conducted with over 1,500 PR professionals
- Inclusive Communications: this new guide covers advice on appropriate and inclusive language, producing accessible formats, issues concerning legality, and general tips on delivering inclusive and diverse communications
- #PR2015: New guide to the biggest trends and issues affecting public relations in 2015
- Updated over 50 skills guides on key areas of communications practice
- Updated collection of over 100 Excellence and PRide award-winning case studies
- Mobile and Public Relations: New guidance produced in collaboration with the CIPR Social Media Panel
- Google Analytics: New guidance produced in collaboration with the CIPR Social Media Panel