On Thursday 21 May 2015, the CIPR Social Media Panel organised a Hack Day on Social Storytelling aiming to generate and capture collaborative debate and produce content in real-time, for the benefit of CIPR members and the wider PR and digital community.
- View the summary Social Media & Storytelling, a CIPR Hack Day, by Conversation Editor, Rob Smith
- Download the Social Media Panel's Social Storytelling guide (PDF, opens in a new window)
#CIPRSM Social Short: Social Storytelling Showcase
Following the Hack Day, #CIPRSM hosted the latest in the series of Social Short events.
The showcase was headlined by Jessica Gioglio, Head of Creative Lab at Sprinklr and co-author of 'The Power of Visual Storytelling' and featured a series of lightning talks from a host of thought-leading speakers. These included Kirsty Marrins from Just Giving and Will Barker from 1000 Lives Improvement, as well as #CIPRSM co-chairs, Dan Tyte MCIPR and Gemma Griffiths FCIPR.
- View the summary 'How to stand out in a cluttered newsfeed – Sprinklr's Jennifer Gioglio at CIPR Social Shorts' by Conversation Editor, Rob Smith
- View the presentation slides for 'Storify for charities' by Kirsty Marrins, JustGiving
- View the presentation slides for 'Using Snapchat for traditional PR' by Will Barker, 1000 Lives Improvement
- View the presentation slides for 'My Fave Dave' by Dan Tyte, Working Word PR
Storify of #CIPRCHAT
During the Hack Day, the panel held a lively tweet chat to exchange expertise and best practice tips on storytelling through social. Read a summary of the tweet chat below.