The CIPR Awarding Body awards, develops, regulates and controls the CIPR Professional Diploma, CIPR Professional Certificate, Foundation, and specialist Certificate and Diploma qualifications. Its full remit is to:
- rule upon the entry qualifications that students must possess to enrol on CIPR courses
- set the syllabus of individual qualifications
- accredit and monitor teaching centres from both the public and private sectors to deliver courses that follow the syllabuses
- establish and regulate assessment processes
- award qualifications
- control certification
- collaborate with its teaching centres in the provision of student services, ensuring that all students have equal opportunities
- investigate and make decisions on reported cases of student or centre malpractice
- arrange for the independent review of appeals from students and centres
- liaise with the national regulatory authorities as appropriate
- set the criteria for appointment of CIPR examiners.
The CIPR Awarding Body discharges these duties through the Professional Development & Membership Committee. All correspondence for the CIPR Awarding Body should be directed in the first instance to the CIPR Qualifications Department.