Ahead of the deadline to enter the 2018 CIPR Midlands PRide Awards on June 19, the CIPR Midlands committee is hosting an early evening PRide Awards Masterclass event at Birmingham City University.
Attendees will benefit from:
- Insights into the entry and judging process from the CIPR and former judges
- Award winning PR professionals outlining the secrets of their success
- Five CPD points, which will count towards your CIPR continuous professional development cycle
The event provides an opportunity to meet some of the judges from this and previous years and explains the entry process, together with showcasing a selection of winning campaigns from 2017, including:
- Amy Eckersley, strategic PR director, The Marketing Pod: Amy will talk explain the secrets behind her award winning 'Uncovering the Missing Millions' campaign from 2017, run on behalf of Inenco. She will also reveal the common threads that link all The Marketing Pod's campaigns award winning campaigns.
- Hilary Hopker, communications manager, West Midlands Police: The story of West Midland’s Police’s award-winning campaign ‘Guns – tell us what you know’.
- Jade Devlin, senior press officer, NFU Mutual: Jade will explain how she and her team raised awareness for the NFU using their award winning Food Hygiene Ratings report.
The other speakers on the day will be:
- Richard Walsh, public affairs manager, Cadent Gas: 'Meet the Judges' - Richard will outline how PRide judging process is undertaken and the criteria used to assess every entry.
The event opens at 6pm with refreshments provided. It will be hosted in room C502/503 in the Curzon Building at Birmingham City University.
The ticket price is £15 for non CIPR Members and £10 for members. Refunds on tickets will be available until one day before the event and abundant parking is available at Millenium Point, just two minutes walk away.
To find out more about CIPR Midlands PRide Awards 2018 visit the dedicated website here.
Refreshments will be provided before the speakers.
Directions to the event can be found here.