What to expect
The day is made up of a series of practical exercises designed to get you shooting and editing video on your mobile phone or tablet with confidence. Step by step, the workshop goes from shooting professional-looking interviews to editing simple but effective stories, understanding the importance of shot composition, clip ‘sequences’ and audio.
A PDF ‘toolkit’ will be shared at the end of the workshop with links to relevant apps and equipment.
What you will learn
- To shoot and edit professional-looking interviews, understand shot framing, background, audio and lighting. Includes tips for interview and question style.
- To use ‘vox pop’ techniques to create testimonial videos and bring events to life
- How to create short ‘explainer’ videos, using images or clips (valuable for explaining issues or introducing a product or service)
- To understand the principles of video storytelling using sequences of clips, and combine them with an interview to create a short story ‘package’
- To create simple subtitles
- Tips and tricks for using editing apps on iPhone/iPad (or android mobiles/tablets)
About Dan Mason
Dan’s workshops are very popular and he has been working with CIPR North West for five years. He also runs workshops for the National Union of Journalists, training young journalists how to use their smartphones to shoot and edit video. Most newspapers now use video on their digital editions, which creates an opportunity for PR people!
Places are limited to 10 people, so book early!