This workshop examines what is involved in public relations campaign management. It will provide you with the knowledge on project management practices and tools. It will also help you to develop your confidence to plan and manage effective public relations campaigns.
Who should attend?
It is suitable for practitioners who are involved in managing campaigns, projects, people and resources.
What to expect
- discussion of what is involved in managing public relations campaigns as projects and programmes
- exercises to explore and become familiar and comfortable with techniques of project, programme and campaign management
- examination of case studies showing effective campaign management.
Participation in the workshop will provide you with the knowledge to:
- plan and set precise objectives to campaign activities
- build a template for planning and managing campaigns
- recognise the importance of research and carry out research for campaign planning and evaluation process
- manage resources - people, material and financial resources - to achieve campaign objectives
- use aids to campaign planning and to evaluate campaign effectiveness.
Di Burton FCIPR FCIPD advises at board level on leadership issues, employee engagement and stakeholder management for a range of blue chip organisations. She currently works with a number of EU Agencies and Russell Group Universities. In 2014, Di acted as Interim Head of Communications for North Yorkshire Police.
As an industry expert, Di has worked at 10 Downing Street and is a member of the Cabinet Office Communications Review team. Her work has won many industry awards.
For 16 years she directed the MA in Public Communication programme for the Government Communication Network (GCN) at Leeds Trinity University College. Di is currently External Examiner at the University of Northumbria for the Department of Arts, Design and Social Sciences.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Di is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a CIPR Accredited Practitioner. She leads several senior CIPR workshops, and mentors people from within the industry.
Di is a member of London’s Reform Club, a Freeman of the Guild of Public Relations Practitioners and is listed in Debrett’s People of Today. She is also a member of the Two Percent Club, and has been named as Ackrill Media Group Business Personality of the Year. She has appeared in PR Week’s Power List and named as one of Yorkshire’s Top 100 Entrepreneurs.
A Harvard Business School alumni, she is also a Yorkshire Patron, a former trustee of Harrogate Theatre and a board member of the Northern Aldborough Festival.
This course carries 10 CIPR CPD points