This course demonstrates how engaging with senior teams and building line manager capability connects employees with organisational goals. Improving engagement correlates with improving performance.
Who should attend?
Suitable for senior communication professionals and those in HR who are responsible for internal communication and staff engagement.
What to expect?
- practical application of theoretical models and concepts
- practical exercises and case studies
- group discussions.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- articulate why effective internal communication and staff engagement are critical to business success
- identify how line managers are the vital links between the executive and operational levels
- understand the role of emotional hooks in motivating individuals
- improve the quality of conversations with employees
- involve employees in decision-making
- effect change through effective staff engagement
- evaluate the effectiveness of internal communication strategies against business success.
Di Burton FCIPR FCIPD advises at board level on leadership issues, employee engagement and stakeholder management for a range of blue chip organisations. She currently works with a number of EU Agencies and Russell Group Universities. In 2014, Di acted as Interim Head of Communications for North Yorkshire Police.
As an industry expert, Di has worked at 10 Downing Street and is a member of the Cabinet Office Communications Review team. Her work has won many industry awards.
For 16 years she directed the MA in Public Communication programme for the Government Communication Network (GCN) at Leeds Trinity University College. Di is currently External Examiner at the University of Northumbria for the Department of Arts, Design and Social Sciences.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, Di is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a CIPR Accredited Practitioner. She leads several senior CIPR workshops, and mentors people from within the industry.
Di is a member of London’s Reform Club, a Freeman of the Guild of Public Relations Practitioners and is listed in Debrett’s People of Today. She is also a member of the Two Percent Club, and has been named as Ackrill Media Group Business Personality of the Year. She has appeared in PR Week’s Power List and named as one of Yorkshire’s Top 100 Entrepreneurs.
A Harvard Business School alumni, she is also a Yorkshire Patron, a former trustee of Harrogate Theatre and a board member of the Northern Aldborough Festival.
This course carries 10 CPD points