Please note: This session is for beginners and is day one of a two-day course which you can attend as a stand-alone or as a two-day with Crisis communication. Take both sessions and get our discounted package rate.
This highly practical course gives you all the key lessons of media training, and also the opportunity to practice those techniques on camera in a range of simulated interviews, whether they be promotional, “issues” or crisis interviews.
It enables you, or the spokespeople you support, to become powerful advocates for your organisation when carrying out any type of media interview, proactive or reactive. It also helps you develop the skills and confidence to deal with major crisis interviews.
Who should attend?
Anyone who does media interviews – print or broadcast – or briefs spokespeople.
What to expect
- The chance to do at least two interviews on camera, and to see those interviews played back
- Immediate feedback from an experienced trainer/journalist and the other delegates
- Use of video recordings from real-life and of group work during the session to underpin the day's training.
- Prepare for any type of media interview – promotional, “issues”, or crisis
- Get ready for print and broadcast interviews
- Support other spokespeople before and during media interviews, give feedback and de-brief
- Satisfy a journalist's need for news while achieving your business objective
- Communicate with impact and authority, and handle awkward questions under pressure