CIPR trainer: John Whyte-Venables MCIPR.
Video is one of the most effective mediums for getting your messages and stories across online. With the right skills you can create short, compelling videos that will attract attention to your website or social media page, using the latest technology. Not just camcorders, but mobile devices too – the latest smartphones offer a flexible, easy and cost-effective means of achieving high quality video. This comprehensive practical two-day training course will give you the knowledge and skills to shoot, edit and upload quality video both on a phone and a conventional video camera.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone tasked with producing multimedia content for their organisation. It will also benefit managers whose role involves supervising video producers. No prior experience or knowledge is required.
What to expect
- a comprehensive introduction to working with both camcorders and smartphones
- practical hands-on training guided by a friendly former BBC television professional
- top tips and key dos and don'ts rooted in real-life practice
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- plan video shoots
- acquire and source professional equipment
- work with the latest shooting and editing apps
- tell stories and convey messages
- work with core and key messages
- shoot professional looking interviews
- shoot relevant B roll – and avoid the dreaded 'talking head'
- edit video quickly and efficiently using computers and mobile devices
- create and edit subtitles
- upload video to video hosting and social media sites
- promote your production and attract viewers
Article: 5 Movie making myths