Trainer: Vivek Mehan FCA
In association with:
Breaking down the jargon and explaining the basics of managing finances, this course will help you to improve your ability to manage financial tasks and become more confident in reading, understanding and presenting financial stats and figures.
Note: This course can be booked as a package with Introduction to budgeting. The higher prices are for the 2 day package.
Who should attend?
Suitable for PR and communication professionals working across all industries who want to learn more about finance, gain basic finance management skills, become more confident in their ability to manage finances within their role and deal effectively with finance professionals.
What to expect?
- A highly practical course with content tailored to PR and communication industry
- A focus on understanding the fundamentals of finance and demystifying the finance jargon
- The opportunity to discuss your experiences and learn from fellow delegates.
Participation on this course will help you to:
- Understand the role of finance and accounting
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of finance, its process and commonly used tools
- Recognise the difference between profit and cash
- Understand some common finance terminology such as capex, opex, accruals, prepayments, etc.
- Read a basic set of accounts
- Implement common performance measures and metrics.