CIPR trainer: John Whyte-Venables MCIPR.
Phone video is a great way of promoting your messages on social media. It’s quick, easy and fun. What’s more, video production skills are rapidly becoming a must-have asset for ambitious, forward thinking PR professionals. This course gives you the skills and knowledge you need to shoot, edit and upload powerful, punchy high-definition videos using just a smartphone or iPad and a minimum of inexpensive accessories and apps.
Who should attend?
Mobile video journalism, or "MoJo", is ideal for those on a low budget, and for those who need to travel light or generate video coverage against the clock. MoJo has a huge range of applications in a wide variety of situations, including event reporting, internal comms and training, storytelling, media relations and crisis management. No prior experience or knowledge is required. If you can use your phone you can produce quality video! This course will also be helpful to those interested in conventional video production or managing video professionals.
What to expect
- A comprehensive introduction to planning, shooting and editing video on your phone or iPad
- Plenty of hands-on practice – produce a video you can be proud of in just a few hours!
- Professional tips and key do's and don'ts
- Friendly guidance from an experienced former BBC multimedia journalist
Participation in the course will give you the knowledge and skills to:
- plan video shoots
- capture quality video footage using your phone or iPad
- conduct interviews
- shoot sequences
- edit video quickly and efficiently on your phone or iPad
- upload video to video hosting and social media sites
- create and edit simple subtitles
- promote your video
Please note: This course is focused on iPhone, iPad and Android phone users. This is because they have access to sophisticated, stable video production apps not currently available for Windows phones and other mobile devices.