Please note: This two day course is split over 3 weeks.
This interactive two-day course looks at how copywriting differs from press release and business writing and provides you with a new set of skills. You will learn to focus on messages, audience and style in order to produce effective, memorable copy.
Who should attend?
All PR practitioners wishing to sharpen their copywriting skills. It is particularly suitable for people, who, in addition to traditional press releases, also produce a range of documents such as newsletters, brochures, social media posts, advertorials and advertising copy.
What to expect
- you will be doing a lot of writing on good old-fashioned paper to reduce procrastination and improve flow
- you will be asked to complete an exercise between day one and day two – feedback will be given on day two
- as this is a highly participative course with individual feedback, it is limited to just 10 delegates.
Participation on the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- write copy for different platforms and purposes, including sales and marketing materials, brochures, web content, emailers and other documents apart from the traditional press release
- use the '7-stage' technique to write clear, succinct copy that interests and engages the reader from start to finish
- write excellent briefs that help, not hinder, the copywriting process
- use the 'princess, dragon and hero' technique to focus on benefits rather than features and make your copy more relevant to your target audience
- select the right template, such as the Inverted Pyramid and AIDA, to get started quickly and structure your copy effectively
- make your headlines and sub-headings work harder for you
- turn 500 words of waffle into 50 words of magic
- recognise and use Plain English to its best effect.