CIPR trainer: Dr Stuart Thomson MCIPR.
This course will provide a broad insight into the skills required for lobbying and political communication, dispelling myths and developing practical skills in public affairs.
Who should attend?
Suitable for those who are new to public affairs but also for more experienced communications professionals who wish to know more about how to deal with politics and politicians.
What to expect
- a mix of case studies and practical examples
- top tips and key dos and don'ts
- to share the experience and knowledge of fellow professionals through facilitated discussion.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- understand what public affairs is and is not!
- deal with the machinery of government
- appreciate key milestones in policy and decision-making
- understand the legislative process
- understand the role that media relations and consultation can play in public affairs campaigns
- deal with Parliament and influence it.