To give participants up to date, relevant knowledge of how they can use the main social media channels to achieve their organisations' objectives. The workshop is aimed at practitioners tasked with ‘doing’ social media on behalf of their organisations and who need to be kept firmly up to date with these tools and their latest features and functions.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs a basic grounding in what social media is capable of and who wants the most up to date insight into the latest features and functions of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat and how they could be making use of them.
What to expect?
You can expect to:
- get the latest information on social media, tips and tricks
- discuss case studies, group tasks, & discussion
- get an essential guide on tools
Participation in this course provides you with the knowledge to:
- use a selection of social media platforms, with an understanding of the latest tools
- evaluate your existing social media content
- recognise the importance of the correct attitude and tone of voice in social media
- understand what the law says about social media communications and avoid falling foul of Contempt of Court and Defamation legislation.
- be able to develop a range of social media content ideas and plan a campaign to achieve particular objectives.