This course examines management of self and the role of emotional intelligence and personal effectiveness in managing individuals and teams. It focuses on motivation and managing underperformance as well as dealing with difficult people.
Who should attend
Suitable for those newly promoted to a management position. Those already in a management role will learn new approaches in getting the most out of their people.
What to expect
- practical exercises and some theory
- role play
- group discussion.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- understand how effective teams perform
- set individual and team objectives
- deal with conflict
- train and develop your team
- manage underperformance
- identify issues that affect working relationships
- improve your interpersonal skills
- understand the regulatory environment around employee relations.