Please note: You will need to bring a laptop and an idea (or work in progress) for a new piece of online copy you can use as a writing exercise.
This course will show you how to write engaging, high-quality content for online platforms, including websites, blogs and social media. You will learn about the 'golden rules' of online writing as well as the basic principles of search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to incorporate these into your writing.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning about online writing as well as practitioners responsible for content management and producing online copy.
What to expect
You can expect:
- a highly participative course limited to 12 delegates
- practical advice on how to approach writing for online platforms
- working with real-life examples.
Participation in this course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- understand how and why people use online media
- recognise the difference between writing for digital media and for other platforms
- make your online writing scannable, concise and objective
- understand how to incorporate SEO techniques into your writing
- write for both humans and machines
- structure different types of online content, including online news stories and blog posts