This course outlines the principles of effective writing and demonstrates how to apply them to everyday public relations writing tasks. It provides an introduction to different writing styles and practical advice on how to adapt them for different purposes, including news releases, feature articles and online posts.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for practitioners with relatively limited PR experience, as well as more experienced professionals wanting to improve their all-round writing skills
What to expect
- a combination of guidance on general principles, practical exercises, group discussions and hand-outs
- analysis of writing examples (good and not so good) to derive lessons applicable to day-to-day practice.
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- understand the key principles of Plain English, including brevity as the prime driver of clarity
- understand the role of different PR communication tools such as press releases, feature articles, blog posts, briefing documents, online communication, etc.
- enhance your press release writing skills
- understand how feature articles are structured
- apply the general principles to other PR writing tasks